Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Barnum, Bailey, and MERCER??!!!

Yes, my class has joined the circus. At least for the last 2 days.

I have had a professional clown as a sub for the last 2 days. No lie. I have been testing this week so I have been right out in the hall to enjoy the "circus." The last 2 days have almost sent me through the roof. LOD, LOD, LOD! But, did they have fun! They told me, "We have never had this much fun. We have a man teacher!"
They were bringing toys to school, drawing all over the chalkboard, and not doing any work. FUN, FUN, FUN.
I was gritting my teeth as I heard all the whooping and hollering coming from my room and echoing down the hall. Keep in mind we are all testing. It was very so loud!
"Oh GOODIE! A BACKPACK FOR ME!"
"IF YOU LOOK IN THE CENTER OF YOUR TABLE, YOU WILL FIND A SUR-PRIZE!!! A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Too bad that Mean Mrs. Mercer will be back tomorrow and we will actually have to learn and do work. :(

I have been waiting to write because I wanted to have some new news like a job or a house selling. But negative to both. :(

2 comments:

Kate said...

A professional clown that subs on the side, huh? Sounds interesting! Call me this weekend...I'd love to all get together for a while!

AM said...

If I remember correctly you also put on a circus in kindergarden/1st grade. You wanted to be a gymnast NOT a clown. So I believe there is a deep seeded dislike of clowns. But you could do a cartwheel... can you still?