Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm a Big Boy Now!

We went to the doctor to be weighed and in just 5 weeks they have gained their birth weight back and more! Dylan is now 6 lbs 13 oz (WOWZERS!) and Brody is 6lbs 8 oz! It is quite the scoop when you are trying to lift one with one hand (because I am holding the other one in the other. It is the one arm scoop method.)
We have had a great week with just us. However, it is never ending and super exhausting. Feeding has gotten a little more challenging because we are having to prop and stop. Dylan was having trouble throwing up everything so the doctor said to prop him up, feed 1 oz at a time (when we are bottle feeding,) and wait a couple of minutes for the food settle. So it takes us a while to eat.
They have the funniest expressions and the cutest reflex smile. I can't wait to see the real thing. They are super strong and are working hard each day to turn over.
We continue to be blessed.
I have a couple more weeks at home and then I will go back in May to finish the school year. I am looking forward to seeing my class and co-workers again. The school has been amazing while I have been out. I got to go out once by myself for the 1st time in 10 weeks!!!! I didn't know what to do or where to go. I went out for an hour drive and quick shopping trip and I found myself looking for things for the boys and school. First a mom, then a teacher.
I am so excited it is Friday because Michael is off and have a couple of minutes to blog and eat breakfast!
Have a great Friday.

3 comments:

Mauri said...

You are getting a couple of little chunks with all their weight gain! HA! They are too cute. I told Michael to have you call me if you need someone to run over and help you with anything! But I'm glad the first week alone went well!

Days of Golden said...

You seem to be doing so well Leah with the boys! I have enjoyed reading how you and the little ones are doing and the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Kelli said...

You are doing so great! I am so proud of you and so excited for all the fun that you are going to have raising these two sweet boys! Hope you have a great weekend!