Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Funcation Pt. 2: San Antonio, watch out, Here we come!

VIVA SAN ANTONIO!
We had a wonderful time doing all things San Antonio!
We stayed at the Gunter Hotel right across from the Majestic Theatre. I was sad there wasn't anything playing right then. Everyone was EXTREMELY nice and helpful. We got an AWESOME corner room on the 11th floor. It was bigger (so there was lots of extra room for 2 pack and plays and room to play) and it was at the end of the hall so we didn't disturb too many folks. We looked right out to Houston St. and were in great walking distance to the Children's Museum, Riverwalk, and Alamo. Just Perfect!

We ate our way through the town...

We had breakfast at the Gunther House. Michael and I love the Gunther House! I wish I could have had lunch there, too. I love the Chicken Salad! We ate at one of Michael and I's other San Antonio favorites La Paloma Blanca . It has a fabulous tres' leche cake-Michael's FAVE! We met one of my dearest college friends, Jill and her hubby Justin at one of their local faves El Chaparral. So Yummy!!!! If you can't tell, we tried to eat Mexican at almost every meal. Hey, it is a FUNCATION. No waistline worries. We had a few more places we never made it too.

A Ride on the River

The Today show was filming down there the morning we rode. They had the boats decorated and we rode by the taping finishing. The slight hum of the boats had Brody out within 5 min and Dylan snoozed the last 15 min. The FUNCATION had worn them out!


The boys favorite thing we did outside of Sea World was the Children's Museum.
They had lots of fun being "independent" (That is a BIG deal for them right now.) and getting to explore the different exhibits. Their favorite stop (and mine when I was a kid) was the grocery store. STAY OUT of their way because nothing was going to stop their shopping carts.



We quickly shopped around at La Cantera and hopped back on the road. Mommy would have liked more time to look and shop, but the boys overruled. I did squeeze in some time at Sephora for some new makeup!

Great Funcation! Everyone had lots of fun and we are ready to go back again!



post signature

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Love it! I'm so glad y'all got to go and have such a good time!

Kate said...

What a great trip! Glad y'all had so much fun. And your blog looks so cute!

Kristen said...

SO fun! We have been wanting to do San Antonio, but didn't know all the kid things to do except Sea World and we didn't know if our kids were old enough. We now know that we are ready to go! I think we will try that next spring or summer FOR SURE!!!

Jacquie said...

What a fun trip! I love SA!

mindy said...

first of all, your blog is looking SUPER CUTE!!!

your FUNcation looks like it was just that FUN!!! i loved the pics of your cutie matching boys playing in the water!

glad y'all had fun! hope you're resting up and getting ready for school to start.

Mauri said...

Love the new blog design! So cute! And the boys are precious as always! Glad y'all had such a good time!