Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I feel like I'm falling for FALL!

I am FALLing for this weather! I love afternoons to play outside and go acorn hunting.



I am FALLing for Football Games.





I am FALLing for pumpkins and the pumpkin patch.




I am FALLing for weekend trips to Sea World and San Antonio.






I am FALLing for all the yummies of the season.

Tried pumpkin cookies...FALLing in L-O-V-E

Something for you to FALL in love with:

Goblin's Orange Popcorn from Taste of Home



Ingredients:



4 qts of popped popcorn



1/2 c of butter cubed



1 c sugar



6 tbs light corn syrup



Dash of salt



1 ts vanilla extract



12 drops of yellow food coloring



4 drops of red food coloring





Place popcorn in a large bowl.





Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in sugar, corn syrup, and salt.





Cook and stir over med. heat until mixture comes to a boil.


Reduce to med-low heat and cook 5 min longer, stirring occasionally.


Remove from heat.


Stir in vanilla and food coloring.


Surprise! A beautiful shade of ORANGE!!


Pour over popcorn and toss to coat.



Place in a large baking pan coated with non-stick spray.



Bake @ 250 for 45 min, stirring every 15 min.


Spread on wax paper to cool.




Now...Go BOO your friends or enjoy yourself.


(Just don't tell your dentist! )





post signature

7 comments:

Chad said...

I love fall days and pictures at the pumpkin patch. We haven't made it out there yet this year. We better get on that. I love your recipe idea. I think Ava would have fun helping me make that! As always, precious boys. Hope ya'll are well. We need to have another play date soon.

Gina said...

you are too cute!! and very creative!!!

Summer said...

Oops. That was me, not Chad above.

bcstark said...

Just found your blog through facebook - you and your family are adorable!!

hannah said...

I never loved Fall and all it's fun so much until I had kids. There are just so many fun things to do and when it's not raining the weather is perfect for play! Love the pumpkin patch pics!

campers said...

love this post...even though I now have that song stuck in my head :~)

Kate said...

I am loving the fall weather too! I need to get to the pumpkin patch...haven't done that yet. I want to try your popcorn treat. Looks yummy!