Monday, April 04, 2011

A Skinned Knee

The other day the boys went for a "run" around the college campus near our house. They had a BALL, but Brody fell down and skinned his knee. He had to get band-aids on it ASAP. He wore those Dora band-aids all night and to church the next day. As it began to fall off, I took it off. He threw the BIGGEST fit and wanted his band-aid back on even if it wasn't covering the scrape anymore.

Yesterday, my band-aids were falling off, too.

With 2 little boys, a full-time job as mom, a part-time job as teacher, and a full-time job as a minister's wife I try to keep the band-aids on. But when things are slow (even for a moment) the scrapes are exposed and it begins to hurt.

I have watched Grey's Anatomy from the beginning. Way back in the day pre-kids, my girlfriends and I would get together each Thursday night. This week, Meredith spoke my language. I feel a little different than her as I really am truly happy for all my friends that are pregnant. I know what a special gift that is and I am not jealous of their happiness. However, I feel like I have another full-time job full of temperatures, surge kits,blood work, and a calendar full of circles and numbers. It is WORK. Sometimes, I grow weary of waiting. I feel like I have learned that lesson and I begin to doubt..... will I ever have another child.... will the boys ever be BIG brothers.....is it time to let go of all the baby stuff in the attic.....




For now, I am going to slap on some DORA band-aids and keep moving. Tomorrow is another day.

post signature

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Sweet friend, I have been thinking of and praying for you. You are an amazing mama, just as I knew you would be. I am excited for the day when Dylan and Brody get to wear Big Brother shirts, and I will continue to pray! Thank you for sharing your sweet heart, and for being honest about the good times and the bad. You are an encouragement to me.

Sarah P said...

Precious Leah,
You are such an incredible woman. Your words here are authentic and cutting and so close to the heart of God. I am so sorry you're hurting and I pray God draws near to you in the pain. Thank you for being real. We love you.
Sarah