Sunday, February 12, 2006

He's Gone.

*tired to post yesterday. technical difficulties*
Sniff. Sniff.
I didn't think I would miss the little guy, but life without his little green eyes looking at me is kind of lonely. He made the 6 hour drive to Abilene without a flaw. But Zeke is a great traveler. Remember, he made the "Great Evacuation" and went 24 hours in his little carrier. However, this time he made the last 1.5 hours INSIDE THE CAB! Michael said he just curled up on the seat. He would lick Michael's hand and then go back to sleep.

While the boys were traveling, I was getting sick. I am still battling the mysterious. I think it is Fifth Disease. It is floating around the Kindergarten hall. I have had a fever, aches, and chills. I am waiting for my rash to appear in a couple of days to confirm my suspicions. Michael just thinks it is another bug. Well, I hope it is, too.

Also, my car is in the shop. Thursday I was driving to work and the oil light came on. When I got home, I checked the oil and there WAS NO OIL ON THE STICK. Michael drove it to the shop the next day and they told him about a temporary pan. After much invesigation, Michael determined Wal-Mart had damaged the car a year ago when he took it there for oil change. (This was a point of tension cause I told Michael not to take my car to Wal-Mart. It is now a big "I told you so." Cheaper isn't always better.) Michael has filed a claim with Wal-Mart but until then we have to foot the 500 dollar bill. To make it even more complicated, I HAVE TO HAVE A CAR because there is no one to take me to work anymore. Lucky for us, my parents left yesterday on a 7 day cruise. So I am borrowing their car.
Crusin in a Lexus. :) Not bad, at all.

This living on your own was tough this weekend with all this car stuff and sickness. I need my husband!!!!

Happy Birthday, honey. I took him to the coolest birthday among emus. :) We went to one of my student's birthday parties and it was a wildlife park and they have all these exotic animals just running around. They come right up to your car. It was funny.

No comments: