Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I feel like "The Mitten."


We have been reading Jan Brett's "The Mitten" this week at school. For those of you unfamilar with the classic tale let me help you.
A little boy's grandma makes him white mittens-per his request. (The things Grandma's do even if it isn't the best idea. ;) ) He goes outside to play and loses one of his mittens. A mole finds the mitten and gets inside. Another animal comes along and squeezes inside. At the very end there are 8 animals squeezed inside of this tiny mitten-including a big brown bear. A little mouse tries to squeeze in and ends up making the bear sneeze. The big bear sneeze makes the mitten explode and all the animals go everywhere!

The tiny mitten is no longer tiny.

T.B.F.K.A.M. (The body formally known as mine) is being stretched and pulled every which way to fit my little 8lbs of babies. They almost are 4 lbs each (3 lbs 14 oz and 3 lbs 11 oz) and continue to squeeze in. I am just wondering how much longer till I explode?! Hopefully not with that next sneeze! :) They continue to grow and do well. School is a challenge when you teach 4 year olds and never sit down and are always on your feet. But, as my dad always called me-I am a "Little Hause" and we are pressing on. SLOWLY...

WITH A WADDLE, WADDLE,WADDLE -"I'm bringing sexy back..."


6 comments:

Kelli said...

You are so cute! You are such a trooper, I can't believe you are still teaching! You can do it! Have a great week, hang in there!

mindy said...

I agree--cute and a hause:) Congrats on your growing baby boys!

Kristen said...

That is awesome that they are so big!!! Way to go! I totally feel that way too, maybe not as much as you...but a little bit now. Your babies are much bigger than mine. I will eventually get there!!!
I bet you are ready for them to come. Goodluck with everything.

jody said...

We just read that book this week in kindergarten! I will think of you every time I read it now! You are the cutest little mitten I ever saw and you look wonderful. We can't wait for the "boys" to get here. Love you, jody

Mauri said...

You make me laugh! Only a children's book lover like yourself could come up with such a cute analogy... Although I think you still look precious!

annalee said...

what a GREAT comparison! i love that story and love following your story too. so thankful your little guys are obeying! praying for y'all.