
When I was a little girl, this was one of the first things I could "read." At two years old, I knew the star meant gas (Texaco) and this meant Okra store. After church every Sunday we would visit the "Okra Store" and on the child's plate I would have my favorite:fried okra. We grew from a child's plate to a Luann to a Vegetable plate and okra would always be on it.
The boys will never know the "Okra Store." We have cut any fried food from our diet to avoid heartburn. So they haven't tasted the delicious batter around the perfect bite-size veggie! Wednesday they are closing the Luby's in Abilene. :( If I could get out, I am sure Michael and I would make a stop by "The Okra Store" for some turkey and dressing and of course...okra.
Goodbye, Luby's.

5 comments:
We used to eat at Luby's all the time when I was little and I also always got okra. :)
So glad the boys are staying put! Good luck the next few weeks, can't wait to hear their names and see pictures. How long does your doctor want you to go?
finally a craving?
No, just an ode to an end of an era. I wouldn't eat okra now bc it has been fried.
hey friend, i too have wonderful memories of Luby's after church on Sundays and sometimes before church on Wednesdays too!
I have had you on my mind alot...you know that I know ALOT about bedrest! I hope you have lots of good magazines and the computer close by to do your last minute baby shopping! I found that you can sometimes get even more when you are laid up and your sweet hubby just wants to make you smile! Ha Ha!
I am glad those boys are staying put...you have made it so far! MY boys were already here at this point, and look at how great they have done! We sure are proud of our newest little guys and how well they are behaving for their mommy! I can't wait to see those boys and give them some kisses from auntie tine!
LOVE YOU!
oh what a sad situation! i feel certain that you will find a okra store for them. that is definitely a must!
Post a Comment