Monday, February 13, 2006

Oh, Kindergarten Let Me count THE SICKNESS!

I have had some weird things over the last 3 years in Kindergarten. Pink eye like 20 times. The fabulous stomach flu. But, this one tops my list. Fifth Disease! It is a flu like virus most common in children. Commonly known as "The Slapped Face" sickness because after the virus runs its course, you get a lovely bright red rash on your cheeks! Spread by all the sneezing and hacking going on in my room. I have "felt the spit" many times this Winter season. Since Saturday, I have felt like the flu. Gross, Gross, and alone! After going to the Dr. today, he let me know that 1-it is not the flu 2-no cure or meds for what I have. Just lots and lots of IB Profen. Tonight, my cheeks are a lot rosier than normal. Yup, just as I thought. Fifth Disease! What worries me though is Michael went to bed EXTRA early with the same exhaustion that I felt on Saturday night. Now this could be normal exhaustion. I mean the ppor man drove 12 hours to see me this weekend. Then he worked ALL DAY Sunday only to be kept up at 2 am when I was about to puke! Or it could be the disease...No, no, no! Don't let Michael be getting it too! We are suppose to see each other for a long weekend, but if he has this- I don't know if I can get it again?! It is a good 4 days off your feet and out of work. But one thing is for sure- I won't be seeing my friends over the weekend that are with child. VERY DANGEROUS FOR ANY PREGNANT LADY. Sorry girls, I will be a lunch in spirit. :(

2 comments:

ewall said...

Leah, I feel your pain! I got fifths disease my sophomore year at acu! it was a weird red looking rash thing, but didn't hurt, and eventually moved out of my body, but very strange! I hope that you will be feeling better soon!

AM said...

Poor Leah. I will come and make you jello, we can watch ABC soaps together. I am sorry you are so sick.