Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

cupcakes by April Reed
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
We are so excited about your special day. We kicked Mommy a bunch of times to say, "Happy Birthday!" You have already changed our lives over the last 9 months. You have taken excellent care of Mommy when we made her deathly sick those first 16 weeks. (Sorry, Mom.) You have become a great chef making us dinner every night and cleaning the dishes afterwards. You bring us chocolate, even when Mommy doesn't want to indulge. We have the coolest room ever because you built a neat shelf for all our special toys. We love your 31 year old sock monkey and all your neat wooden toys. We can't wait to play catch with our new gloves and balls. We have been able to grow big and strong thanks to you helping Mommy do everything. We are going to see you very soon (see note below about our progress...) and going to love all over you!
Happy Birthday!
We went to the doctor today and just like I suspected, Lefty has moved back down so that he can be head down just like his brother. (He missed him. The ribs are a lonely spot.) Righty has moved down and is beginning to prepare so the doctor thinks I will begin to dilate a little more with all this new pressure. (Yes, I know all about that. Friday I knew something has changed...again.) So begins the waiting game. We could keep progressing and meet these guys this week or they might hold tight for 2 more weeks. Who knows???? She said Thursday she lifts restrictions since we made it to 36 weeks! I hope I get to go outside for a riding trip. We will not be blowing and going with those little guys pressing so hard, but after being inside for a month I see no harm in a little ride around Target for those last minute essentials I have had others trying to pick up for me. We will go Wednesday for the boys' measurements. I am thinking they will be close to 6lbs each. That is what it feels like. Any big guesses on when these boys want to meet the blogging world???

7 comments:

Kelli said...

You are so cute! I truly love your attitude during all this waiting and bedrest. You are such a champ! I wish I was going to get to see you in all your pregnant glory, but I will probably wait until the boys are born so you feel good enough to hang out! Let me know if there's anything I can do. Love you!

Kristen said...

What a sweet note! :)
I am sooo excited you have made it to almost 36 weeks, that is AWESOME!!! Goodluck with everything. You will be in my prayers.

mindy said...

I agree--you have had such a sweet attitude about everything:) You are so little for 12 pounds of baby--I can't even imagine! It sounds like they are getting ready--so my guess is sooner, rather than later...maybe it will be this week!!

Mindi said...

I can't believe that you are so close! Praise God for your lack of progress so far! I can't wait to see those little Mercer men!!

jennifer said...

I agree with everyone else and am in awe of the great attitude you have had through all of this! I hope you get to meet your baby boys soon!

Jacquie said...

My guess is Feb. 21st. 6 lbs each?? That would be a lot of baby inside you! I wish you would show us pics :), I bet you are the cutest pregnant person!

Caroline said...

I'm guessing February 29th. Yep, leap year babies. That would sum this up, wouldn't it? I know that's probably way later than you'll really go, but kinda fun to think about...