Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ta-DA!

This week has been FULL of special occasions, programs and performances.

Sunday was Mother's Day and Michael got home just in time to hand me card and put the boys in bed.

Monday was my birthday and the boys' last program with Young Children's World. 
They have practiced for months. 
My boys are typically very shy and not big singers at all.
In fact, Brody told me he loses his words on stage.
However,
Brody stole the show with all his hip shaking and motions!
They were perfect and I was so proud!

Tuesday I had a great girls night with my ACU Abilene College Besties!
Tamara, Jenna, Kate, and I enjoyed great conversation on Jenna's Farm House Porch. It's perfect for long conversations into the wee hours of the morning. It was 12:30 a.m. before we knew it.

Wednesday we had our last Photo Shoot with Debbie Riggs from Pure Photography.
I told her I wanted to do something "Texas Style."
We all wore our cowboy boots and shot pics at a ranch here in Abilene.
The 6 horses, 2 cows, and 1 friendly farm dog all wanted to be in the pics too.
At one point, all the people were caged in the holding pins as the 6 horses checked us out!

Thursday was the boys last day of school at Young children's World. They have gone to this sweet school since they were 6 months old! We LOVE it and will miss it greatly. 
Michael and I both were misty-eyed as we left one last time.




Friday we were in Dallas for more Doctor appointments. 
I am off to a gastro dr to see if we can figure out these tummy issues.

Saturday was the boys' Gymnastics Showcase. They did a great job and preformed!



Sunday is Senior Sunday and Michael made sure he would be back to give the kids their Senior Charge.
I have loved the past 12 years as a youth minister's wife. It is not an easy life (hello-being alone with  
4 month old twins for 10 solid days...I am not going to miss summer trips!) I am really going to miss this chapter of our lives.
It is also a going away party for our friends, the Thompsons. We have been in small group together for 5 years and have watched their sweet kids, Taylor and Tyson grow up. We are really going to miss them!



 


post signature

No comments: