Saturday, June 02, 2012

Clean-ish eating

So it's been about 2 months since I started this experiment.

I followed the Whole 30 experiment for 30 days and had pretty good luck with feeling better.
About 1/2 way in I was getting sick again and the only thing I had consistently been eating was salad.
So now Lettuce is on the Black List, too.

In May, I experimented with adding things back in.
I had terrible luck and have stayed with a clean-ish diet.

My ish part-
* I eat white potatoes. Since I no longer can eat salad, a dry baked potato is my out to eat choice.
*I will eat some sugar on occasion.
Cookies, Cake and Ice Cream I am pretty sure I can't do 
(haven't tried, but don't want to pay for that mistake)
But a sno cone or some candy are my guilty pleasures.
And that Sonic Diet Raspberry Sprite.

* 100% Natural
nuts- Back to Nature are my FAVORITE!
potato chips- Lays Natural Potato Chips with Sea Salt
I also like the PopChips-They are Gluten Free, but do have some unpronounceable ingredients.

Still haven't had any BREAD, CRACKERS, DAIRY, RICE, PASTA, BEANS, ect.

At this time of year, I really have only missed being able to take boys and get ice cream cones together. It's not something I ever bought at the store, but it would be something we would do together.

Oh, Ice Cream.
R.I.P.

(For those keeping up with my medical saga, I am off to a gastro doctor to help solve these issues. The speculation from my rhumatologist isn't encouraging, but it is what it is. I am just thankful I can still have a Sonic Drink to carry me through these 100+ degrees days of Summer!)



post signature

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I am so proud of you for sticking with it! I hope you can find an answer soon, and that you can feel much better! Love you!