I have done a few days of Thankfulness on Fb, but today I'm back at the blog.
Today was the Thanksgiving Feast at the boys' school. They were so excited about the feast. I heard squeals of excitement on Tuesday when I picked them up. Mom, we made headbands with feathers to wear at our feast!! Mom, I made a necklace for our feast!!!
Mom, will you sit by me at the feast?!? (best date I've been on in months!)
There is something so intimate and special about sharing a meal with people. Michael actually did a sermon a few weeks ago that touched on that.
It's something that has really changed in my life recently. I really am not able to go out to eat anymore with my food sensitivities. It's such a social thing and I can't bc i cant do "lunch", it leaves me feeling isolated at times. I haven't taken communion since June and it's so weird to "share" in that meal every Sunday, but not physically partake.
Today I'm grateful for the meal my family shared today. I may have not been eating, but I loved every minute of " Mom! There's my friend!" and proud faces as my bubbas shared a meal with their Mom, Dad, and school family.
Also shared today:
The 3 items that we won in the silent bake sale auction.Each boy picked one, including Michael. We thought maybe we would win 1. So I made sure we shared the cupcakes, cookies, and pie with our new neighbors. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment