Sunday, November 04, 2012

Day 4: Freedom

I was brought up in a home where we would go to church every Sunday, Sunday Night, and Wednesday Night.

I was not always so excited to be at church all those times.

Many of my friends didn't go to church as frequently, go at all, believe in Jesus, or even believe in God.

I appreciate this now because I was exposed to a world with great blessing of Freedom of Religion. ( it wasn't so appreciated when you wanted to be just like everyone else.) No one ever told me that I couldn't believe in the things I do. No one ever stopped me from worshipping in the way i chose. I was able to have friends that believed in things that differed from me. We didn't have to worry about bombs going off or meeting in secret. I wore a James Avery cross ring and was never chastised for it.

Beyond the Freedom found in being able to worship is the powerful freedom of Christ. How great is this precious freedom! Gone is the guilt and shame replaced with the freedom of Grace. Gone is hate replaced with Freedom of love.

Day 4: Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom. And I am thankful!

No comments: