Monday, June 27, 2011

Boots or Bows

Not one day goes by that I don't think about her.

Late at night, driving in the car, working out at the gym.

When I get asked "Do you have any more kids?" "Do you guys want to have more kids?"

Yes. We are ACHING to have more kids. 26 months of aching for more kids.

When my boys ask for a baby.

Every day I think about her.

Hope for her.

Dream for her.

Pray for her.

Now it could be him. I would be equally blessed and excited.

I think about him.

Hope for him.

Dream for him.

Pray for him.

Boots or Bows. Not one day goes by without me anxiously anticipating the day.

I just wish it was as easy as planning to have a summer baby and it just happen.

I am staring down a long and winding road.

And I can't see the end.

But I have great hope in the ending.

I know the plans I have for you says the Lord...

to give you a future and a HOPE.

Jeremiah 29:11

post signature

6 comments:

jaymie said...

I'm praying for her/him too. I love you Leah. I feel helpless but know that I'm praying for the mercers!!!

AM said...

we are hoping and praying too

Allison said...

Your emotions are so raw here. I could feel your heart as poured yourself into this post. I too, will join you in praying for this baby you so deeply long for.

amy said...

Sweet Leah- I've SO been there. It's so hard, heartbreaking, and at the same time humbling and quite the journey to trust deeper in the Lord Almighty than ever before. He is faithful, my friend. Praying for her (or him) too and for YOU.

Kelli said...

I am still praying, sweet friend. The Lord is so faithful, and I KNOW He has amazing plans for your sweet family. Your boys are going to be awesome big brothers, and I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for all of you. Love you!

Kristen said...

sweet Leah,
I will pray for you & your sweet baby. I pray God blesses you soon with this special gift. I can't wait to see your family grow.
Love you,
Kristen