with visions of raw veggies dancing in my head.
Things I am looking forward to:
(and are hoping are positive effects of the detox)
* not getting sick 2x day
*not waking up with stomach cramps
* bye-bye fatigue
*to begin to feel like myself again-
i.e. Go grocery shopping and not come home feeling like I ran a marathon and being EXHAUSTED!
Not needing a nap to survive the day.
Things I am going to miss:
*grains-I love my carbs.
*gum-I am going to cheat and chew gum when I'm on the airplane.
I still get CRAZY INTENSE ear pain.
But that goes back to another issue I have...
*quick and easy meals
Things I am scared about:
*I don't like a lot of meat. I'm almost vegetarian.
I sure don't like preparing it.
*It not changing my current inflammation and other diseases.
I have been so encouraged by reading blogs and responses on the website.
This girl's blog describes my life these last few years.
Add my other 2 autoimmune diseases and their side effects and that's me.
I'm secretly hoping to find myself again.
Currently, I'm hidden under disease, medications, and weight.
*Life post 30
What if this works? Will I never have bread and dairy again?
To feel good=totally worth it.
But, not to eat Mexican food when we come back to Texas? That sounds tragic!
So here we go!

2 comments:
I've always been so interested in Paleo. It seems so hard when you dont live like that. I'll be interest in watching your journey. You can do it!!! I can't wait to hear how you feel. I hope it's a great blessing for you and your health. Good luck!!!
My hubby eats paleo and I have a great website for recipes. All his CrossFit friends do too! It really isn't hard to cook Paleo. Also, my cousin is a mama and has RA and she treats all her RA with diet- no gluten. Seriously-let me know if you want suggestions. I am excited to watch your journey. You are one strong mama and you are alway in my prayers.
Post a Comment