Friday, March 30, 2012

DOUBLE the Blessing

This coming June marks 5 years since I saw a + instantly appear on a pregnancy test.
*clue # 1: instantly
I was a few days late in my cycle and was about to go to Vegas on vacation with my HUBS.
Just trying to pack. Not expecting anything. It had been 9 months of " - " so why should this time be any different.
I was just so exhausted walking around Vegas.
Really winded when working out-more so than usual.
I was just 5 weeks which was a little early to be having symptoms.
*clue #2 pregnancy symptoms early
Six weeks to the day I start vomiting.
And can not stop.
I didn't leave my bed for 5 weeks. 
I mean when I rolled over in bed-sick.
Zofran twice a day is the only way I made it the entire 37.5 weeks!
* clue # 3 MAJOR SICKNESS
At 10 weeks I FINALLY got to go in for my first appointment.
Click here to read about the MOST SHOCKING DAY OF MY LIFE!


Let me say that having TWINS is by far the BIGGEST, MOST UNEXPECTED BLESSING in my life and it brings me the GREATEST JOY to be their mama.

It's not an easy job, but being a mom isn't easy!
(I don't remember the first 3 weeks other than crying-all 3 of us!)

But watching the deep and precious friendship between these 2 boys is pure joy!
Yes, they have their own language. The understand each other without even speaking. They know what the other one wants without even saying.

Through the last 3 years and 10 months of our infertility journey and all my chronic illness, I have looked at my sweet boys and they are what keeps me going!

So for those new twin mamas out there-
no...it's not double trouble.

I miss those infant twin days-football holds and arms shaking from carrying 2 heavy carriers.

I ADORE my twins and couldn't imagine building a family any other way.

post signature

2 comments:

The Cobbs said...

Your boys are adorable! I love that you match them. I have identical twin boys...they are 3. Everyone keeps asking how long I plan to match them. ha! I always tell them that as long as they let me pick out their clothes they will be matching! :)

Andrea Boring said...

Hi there! Stopping by from Kelly's Korner! I have fraternal twin boys who will be 4 in June! Are your guys as crazy as mine? They are gorgeous mama! xoxo