Thursday, December 06, 2012

Christmas Countdown this week

I packed them a theme lunch for Day 4 and forgot to take a pic. Duh!

Day 5 we made Shrinky Dink ornaments from a kit Auntalee gave us. It was Really easy and fun to watch in the oven. They also had a theme sandwich that chef Dad & Brody made. Cute pinterest find!

Day 6
I surprised them with a special outing to Bethlehem Revisited. I thought I would be a simple walk through live nativity scene. In fact, I didn't even bother putting on make-up.
When we got to the church, they directed us inside to sign the "census" and get a group ticket. Then we waited for maybe 30 minutes for our group number in the sanctuary. They had a great Christmas Concert going on while you waited. Dylan really enjoyed the band!
Then the soldiers escort you from the building to Bethlehem with real fire torches. We heard from Isaiah, the wise men, and others before we walked through Bethlehem's walls. Once you get inside ther walls, there is this marketplace complete with all these shops. You were given sheckles
to shop with. You could try food, buy little toys, pottery, ect. Brody used his sheckles to buy me a gift! I have a little pot. :) Yes, I'm spoiled by my boys!
Then we saw the barn out back where Baby Jesus was. We asked about baby Jesus all night!
Afterwards, they had a cookie and hot chocolate reception inside the gym.
It was so neat and by far my favorite thing about Conway so far!














No comments: