Saturday, December 01, 2012

Leah's Christmas Countdown

Move over, Elmo! Leah's Christmas Countdown is here!

Each day until Christmas Day will be spent with some fun countdown activities and traditions.

We have 2 advent trees that we are doing.

One is a musical Christmas tree and there are numbered drawers with tiny ornaments in each drawer. You open the drawer, tree spins, music plays, find the ornament of the day. Simple & Easy!

We also have a Phonemic Awareness Tree. I made this for my classroom back when I was teaching Pre-k. It's a simple, quick activity and there is one that corresponds to each day. Today was beginning sounds. Other days will focus on the other areas for those pre-reading skills.

Each day we will have an activity for Countdown. It might be a craft, field trip, cooking experience, present, ect.
Today we had breakfast with Santa.

Each night one of the boys' will choose one of the 24 wrapped Christmas Books under their tree. After they unwrap it, that's the book we will read. Have I mentioned I'm a former teacher and have a serious book collection and continuing addiction? Finding that many Christmas books wasn't the hard part! It was choosing between my favorites.

As I think of ideas or pin something I want to do, I just make a note on my calendar. Hello, pregnancy brain! I can't remember a thing.

I'll try to keep up with this blog and post pics of what we are up to.

Here's a peek at Day 1 of Leah's Christmas Countdown!



No comments: