Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WHOLE-LY 30!

April 1st I am beginning an experiment.

A Whole 30 experiment.

I'm nervous of failure. What if this is too hard?
Worried about what to eat...I'm not a huge meat eater. 
Actually, I haven't had pork for over 20 years.
Beef-over 15 years.
Never had seafood.
Hate eggs.
I don't prepare chicken. That's Michael's job.

But...if this could help all the things going on, I'll try it!
in a flare-up and causing all sorts of internal inflammation as well as the normal arthritis issues.

I want to avoid adding another medication exsp. one that is so strong to my routine.

*This is not a diet. I don't expect to lose weight doing this. (Remember, my body is cray-cray and doesn't lose weight no matter what!) I am doing this to see if changing my diet will make me feel better.
When you feel bad and have no control over it, you are willing to give up some of the finer things in life (like
sno-cones
ice cream
and bread)


just to feel like a normal 30 year old woman!

So does anyone have any favorite recipes or websites to share?



post signature

1 comment:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

YES! done it....very amazing experience. I learned alot about food idols in my life and about what made me feel sick. Dairy, sugar..haha!!

www.pinterest.com/mabrigg and click on my WHOLE 30 recipe board. Tried almost all of them.

You don't have to eat a ton of meat if you don't want too.

I ate bacon and fried eggs EVERY morning.

Medjool Dates became my best friend for sugar cravings. Also, unsweetened coconut milk with frozen fruit and a little simply orange to sweeten was awesome too. With cinnamon on top!!

If you click on those pinterest recipes of mine then it will take you to all of the favorite blogs I liked during the whole 30.

Good luck! I hope you find some answers and some relief. You WILL notice a change around days 7-10 with sleeping, energy, etc. It truely is amazing.

Don't give up and don't beat yourself up if you cheat. Eating out will be your worst enemy. So, when you do, try to go to places that won't tempt you too much. Chipotle was a saving grace and Chick Fi La grilled nuggets was for me too.

Please email me if you have any questions or need tips. I have been filling Christine in too.
moppyca at gmail dot come