Sunday, February 03, 2013

Expect the Unexpected

So I'm just a few short weeks out from having this girl! So naturally, I find something new to panic about almost every night.

Side Note: Were you more emotional and anxious with a girl? With the boys, I remember just being so happy! Like rainbows and gumdrops all the time...for 9 months. The girl pregnancy has brought quite a different experience. But my life is also quite cray-cray so maybe that's part of it, too.

I started to think about her birthday. We are planning on sending the boys to school and seeing them on Day 2 when I'm off the meds and out of recovery. And then my heart got a string pulled. I'm going to miss them! And I KNOW that I'm not going to feel up to 2-5 year old visitors right away, but my heart sure will miss them. Not to mention they get scared when I'm in the hospital. When I was last there for 5 days they came up just twice and I just sent them to the nurses' station for popsicles bc they were too scared to come too close to me.

This whole "adding to the family" is really stressful. We had instant family and never had to go through the addition things. And I can't imagine it differently.
I guess that's why I'm nervous about the whole 4 to 5 thing. Clarity isn't something I have had an abundance of so I'm not sure what I'm really nervous about.

Just the unexpected is waiting for me. And it will be my reality!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

The following is just my opinion.

Newsflash: You're NORMAL! Normal normal normal!

Change is hard, no matter what. Not to mention that right now you are coming off a really tough move, Michael starting a new job, tough season with your health, etc. All of that PLUS being hyper-emesis pregnant is HARD!

It will all work out. Everyone will have to adjust, but there is nothing more resilient than a human being, and it will all come together with time. Your boys will probably handle the whole thing fantastically, they are so sweet. Also, I'm no expert, but I think the hospital will be different because you aren't "sick", and they will probably be so excited to meet their baby sister that they won't care about anything else. After all, she is going to be absolutely PRECIOUS!

Praying for y'all, love you friend!