I promise I'm not the negative Nelly I have been sounding like lately.
I honestly believe that we are being spiritually attacked. Nothing has gone smooth since we came to AR. So I'm hoping and trusting that what we are doing for the kingdom must be pretty threatening because personally its a rough go.
The latest and greatest is I was greeted with a laundry room full of water this morning. I called Michael immediately and luckily he was able to come home. As he was trying to find the source, I went into the boys playroom to get some toys out for them. Dylan asked, "why is the floor wet?" I took my slippers off and found the carpet completely saturated. I called out to Michael and we found thy the carpet had been soaked through out half of the room. The room mind you that I have been spending days on unpacking. I then checked the bathroom next to the bedroom-a towel left on the floor complete saturated and water seeping out from the baseboards.
It was the hot water heater. The hot water heater that we had concern about in the inspection. The same hot water heater that we had a professional Plummer come and inspect. The water heater that we were assured of not needing a pan underneath and how it would not leak in the house.
So began the calls to the home warranty who doesn't cover secondary damage. And our home owners insurance that has a sweet price tag of $1,000 deductible for this claim.
We just moved in. The hot water heater was inspected and approved a month ago.
So now instead of taking a shower
( and I can't tell you how disgusting my hair is!) And doing some much needed laundry, I have "packed" up the very room I just unpacked and am now packing overnight bags. (well after I finish my rant.)
Oh, yeah. It's Halloween party week. Not much going on or anything. Poor Michael has a crazy workload this week as well.
Yes, 2 steps forward. 5 steps back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Boooo! Praying it all takes a turn for the better very soon, my friend. Also praying for you to feel good and have energy to deal with all this. I think you are right - God must have something great in store for y'all!!!
Post a Comment