Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall exists in Arkansas

First off, Thank you for all the congrats on FB and here for our little bundle of joy! We feel very blessed to have such love and support of so many great friends and family!

I didn't think that AR would be that much different than TX. I mean, we are neighbors and I can get 
to Dallas in 5 hrs. However, FALL has been so pretty here. ( Maybe its bc I haven't been able to leave the house since July. But that's another blog.) The leaves have changed to such a pretty red and orange. It rains at least once a week. The weather is nice and crisp. Pumpkins grow on real vines here.

We had a great time picking pumpkins at the pumpkin patch. It was my first Friday Fun Day to actually get to go on. Friday is Michael's day off and each Friday we go and do something fun. Sometimes the boys plan it. Sometimes I plan it. All summer they went bowling for free. Check out kidsbowlfree.com to see if a bowling alley near you participates. We loved doing this in Abilene and were excited to find a Conway alley that participated. They have gone to chick fil a, target shopping trip complete with a new toy, the Jump Zone ( an indoor inflatable park), the movies, Little Rock, and this week we went to the Pumpkin Patch!

There were lots of playground structures to play on. They had pre-picked speciality pumpkins and gourds, and you could take a hay ride to The pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins off the vine.
We each picked our own pumpkin. Thanks to the last 9 years of teaching the pumpkin life cycle I was able to show it to the boys in real life. There were still vines with the blossoms and lots of green pumpkins.

It was such a fun day!
The boys even had an impromptu camping trip with friends that night!

Fall is here. I'm enjoying the harvest!
Silly Jack-O-Lanterns
Baby Bump Pic
Baby Mercer (19 wks) and the family of pumpkins we picked
Picking pumpkins sure is fine,
Picking pumpkins off the VINE!
Pumpkins of the Caribbean
Dylan said, " Now this is the PUMPKIN EXPRESS!"
What's a pumpkin pick without a sno-cone?!
Daddy and the family of pumpkins

1 comment:

erin f. said...

I agree that Arkansas falls are the best! I will always be a Texas girl at heart but you can't beat Autumn in the Ozarks. You look beautiful with your tiny bump! Congrats again!