I thought
"Yeah! One baby-I'm going to be like all the normal pregnant women! I won't be as sick, I'll be able to walk and shop, and go, go, go without missing a beat!"
I'm finding being pregnant with one has been just as hard if not harder for me.
I was way sicker this time and continue to battle that out.
My latest discovery is it wasn't the weight of the boys that made it so hard to walk and be on my feet. It something call "round ligaments."
I remember with the boys it started about 18 wks.
This time I noticed it at 16 weeks.
There's great discomfort when I walk an extended amount-like shopping at the grocery or a target run. If I'm on my feet for more than 30 minutes I begin to experience the stabbing and throbbing pain.
I feel like the only mama out there with this. Pregnant Friends and co-workers just seem to be able to shop and take trips or even cook a meal.
This is just how I cook babies. It's a speciality of mine. Equal Opportunity for Singleton or Multiple.
So it looks like my dreams of shopping for Clothes, bedding, and all those fun things will be done again from the laptop.
And that's ok.
I'm thankful that I get to experience these "growing pains." I love being able to make all these comparisons between a singleton pregnancy and a multiple pregnancy.
I have a great team of boys that continue to be the most compassionate and caring teammates I could ask for! My co-captain is amazing and has taken the duties of SAHM in stride. Sure, my house is a total unpacked disaster. But, I continue to work really hard at letting that go. (and it has been really hard sometimes!) I'll get us settled even if I do it in 30 minute increments from now until 2013.
Go Team M!
I will continue my daily regimen of hot soaking baths followed with lots of tummy kicks.

No comments:
Post a Comment